The Blastcor® high-quality air filter is used to purify the compressed air fed to the sandblaster’s protective helmet, to the painter’s respirator and to the welder’s shield. The filter is indispensable when compressed air is to be used cleaned up to the zero class. Due to a multilayer filtration the Blastcor® filter removes the condensate, compressor oil vapors, smalls and mechanical particles up to 0,5 mkn. The filter does not remove carbon monoxide (CO) and other toxic gases.
The compressor-fed air is filtered by 7 layers of filter medium.
The 7 layers work successively to remove micro- and macro-particles, water, oil, smells and organic evaporations.
1. Water is removed by the action of cycloned air in the cylinder.
2. Carded cotton removes particles.
3. Activated alumina absorbs oil and moisture.
4. Activated charcoal removes smells and moisture.
5. Felt removes macro-particles
6. Additionally, carded cotton removes macro-particles too.
7. Respirator felt at the end has an efficiency of 98% to remove foreign bodies up to 0,5 mkm.
REPLACEBLE AIR-CLEANER CARTRIDGE
The filter is equipped with the changeable 41 AF filter cartridge. The life-time of the cartridge amounts to 450 hours (depending on the incoming air quality and the number of consumers). When used by two or more operators, the life time of the filtering cartridge decreases.